Get to Know Thapelo Sebogodi AkA The River Khabzela
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Thapelo Sebogodi (Khabzela). This is the Mzansi’s rising star who is busy making a name for himself as Khabzela on Mzansi Magic’s The River. We always see him on The River Mzansi playing the character of Khabzela.
His role is that of the jolly taxi driver who loves fun and who just says anything he wants to say anytime. Thapelo Sebogodi is the man behind the character and below are 10 things we think you should know about Him:
1. Thapelo Sebogodi is the firstborn of veteran actor Seputla Sebogodi.
Here’s his father Seputla Sebogodi
2. Thapelo has siblings, Kgothatso (29), Sebogodi (19) and only girl Thabang (16).
3. Thapelo and Kgothatso share a mother while Sebogosi and Tebogo are their siblings from another mother.
4. After matric Thapelo enrolled at the Tshwane University of Technology where he studied drama.
5. Thapelo made his debut on screen in 2012. This was on the SABC1’s reality series Life’s a Stage, following up with roles in Greed & Desire and Afrikaans mini-series Donkerland.
6. The talented actor is currently making a name for himself as Khabzela on Mzansi Magic’s The River.
7. Even though his father is well known, Thapelo didn’t use his dad’s name for interviews and auditions, and few people knew he was Seputla’s son.
8. Seputla only guided him on understanding scripts, he didn’t help his son land any jobs. At work, they are just colleagues.
9. According to Chanel24, As a child, Thapelo struggled with his father’s fame, especially after Seputla became a small-screen sensation thanks to his starring role in the popular comedy show Suburban Bliss.
“I was nine years old when a woman ran to hug my dad and pushed me out the way,” he recalls. “It still scares me because it can be so invasive. Sometimes people have no respect for my dad’s personal space.”
10. Thapelo and his father Seputla shared the stage in Flak My Son, which played at the State Theatre in Pretoria.