Get To know Rhythm City Jamie Bartlett
We all know David Genaro so well. We enjoy and hate his character on Rhythm City. However, how well do you know the real person behind the character? Here’s an opportunity for you to know the famous star, Jamie Bartlett. There is no way you’re not going to be motivated by his achievements.
Right here are things you didn’t find out about Jamie Bartlett:
1. Jamie was born in the year 1966 in Maidenhead, UK to a South African mother and a British father.
2. Bartlett went to 3 high schools which are:
- Rondebosch High School in Cape Town,
- St Stithians Boys College in Johannesburg and
- Brynston High School.
3. He afterwards attended training in speech and dramatic art at the University of Cape Town. Furthermore, he did his post Graduate Masterclasses with Peter Bridgemont at Chrysalis Theater Acting School in London.
4. His greatest and most popular role of David Genaro has been on the local TV drama Rhythm City.
5. Jamie Bartlett used to act on the SABC 3 Drama Isidingo in the 90s and he won Vita award and Crystal award for best South African actor for his role on the show.
6. He won a SAFTA award for best actor for his role of David Genaro on Rhythm City.
7. He has been part of numerous theatre plays and he toured Switzerland with “The Fire Rising” play. Jamie also won a Vita Award for the best actor in the play “Cock and Bull Story”.
8. He has appeared in a number of films which were both locally as well as internationally including;
- White Lion,
- Red Dust and
- recently The Long Walk to Freedom.
9. He has worked alongside Hollywood’ superstars like Steve James, Hillary Swank and Angelina Jollie.
10. Lastly and most importantly, he has a son and was formally married to ex Generations actress Camilla Waldman, who played Anne de Villiers.