Durban Gen Male Actors List
Durban Gen is a South African medical drama telenovela. It is an e.tv original production produced by Stained Glass TV Production, commissioned and distributed by e.tv.The storyline is based in Durban and reflects on the struggles of doctors and nurses with their daily lives at Durban General Hospital. In this article, we get to look at Durban Gen male actors in real life.
You may also like: Coming Up On Uzalo This Week: Nosipho Prepares The Killing of Amos
What’s Durban Gen About?
Durban Gen is Mzansi’s medical drama version of Grey’s Anatomy, the brainchild of Stained Glass TV.
Durban General series centres around a newly qualified doctor, Mbali Mthethwa played by Nelisiwe Sibiya), who moves to the big city to complete her final year of community service at Durban General Hospital. She is torn between her fiancé Sibusiso Dlamini (Ntando Mncube) and her superior Dr. Lindelani Zulu (Mike Ndlangamadla).
On arrival at the hospital, she assists in a precarious surgery that results in the death of a MEC. This threatens the reputation of the hospital, Dr Zulu and Mbali as they are thrown into an investigation which threatens to end Mbali’s career before it even begins.
The story of Durban Gen is basically set in the heart of Newlands East, a township in Durban, where the most well-known and recognised academic public hospital Durban General is located.
A highly praised and mostly celebrated hospital in KZN healthcare. The hospital is the centre of excellence and that’s where every doctor wants to practice and every patient prefers being treated there.
Upon her arrival at the Durban General Hospital, Mbali assists in a dangerous surgery that goes horribly wrong, resulting in the death of an MEC.
The incident puts the hospital in trouble, Mbali, and Dr. Lindelani Zulu, into the middle of an investigation that threatens to derail her career before it has even begun.
For the moment, her closeness to Dr. Zulu, the resulting intimacy, and their visible chemistry threaten to break everything Mbali has built back home with her fiance, Sbusiso.
Durban Gen airs weekdays at 6:30 PM on e.tv
Durban Gen Male Actors in real life
Mike Ndlangamandla-(Dr Lindelani Zulu)
Here are real-life facts about Durban Gen’s Dr Zulu
- Mike is also a motivational speaker and MC.
- His net worth is around $150 000, he is heading in the right direction.
- Mike Ndlangamandla is also popular for his play as pastor Max in Muvhango.
Ntando Mncube-(Sibusiso Dlamini)
Ntando Mncube is a South African actor, dancer and singer who is popularly known for his starring role as Apollo on the miniseries Side Dish, currently playing Sibusiso on Durban Gen.
Here are real-life facts about Durban Gen’s Sibusiso Dlamini
- He started off as a stage actor.
- Ntando features in quite a number of theatre plays.
- His unmatched flair sees him performing productions including Animal Farm, Jimbo and Spice ‘n Stuff, Let My People Go (in which he plays Chief Albert Luthuli), Steven Stead’s productions Peter Pan and Robin Hood.
- Ntando has a net worth of $150 000.
Mavusi Magabane-(Dr Thabo Dlamini)
Meshack Mavusi is a South African actor best known as for his starring television roles as javas in Yizo Yizo and as Vusi Moletsane in Isidingo. He returned to television in 2014 when he guest-starred in two episodes of the SABC1 and AIDS drama soul city, playing a doctor. He is Dr Dlamini.
Here are real-life facts about Durban Gen’s Dr Thabo Dlamini
- In 1998 he made a lead role ‘Vusi Moletsane’ in the popular soapie Isidingo which became highly popular.
- Then, he appeared in the drama series Yizo Yizo which aired from 1999 to 2004 with the role ‘Jabulani “Javas” Nyembe’.
Bheki Mahlawe-(Nurse Calvin Gumede)
Bhekisizwe Mahlawe is a South African actoris currently well-known for his role as Nkanyiso in the drama series Shreds and Dreams and currently playing Calvin Gumede on Durban Gen.
Here are real-life facts about Durban Gen’s Nurse Calvin Gumede
- Besides acting, Mahlawe is also a presenter who makes a notable appearance on SABC2’s uMama Name.
- The actor became popular due to his role of Nkanyiso on the drama series Shreds and Dreams.
- Bhekisizwe has also made appearances in Rhythm City and eKasi: Our Stories.
- His role on Durban Gen has him showcasing skills and takent as an actor.
MacGyver on Durban Gen is played by “Zulu Boy” Majozi. MacGyver from the Durban Gen whose real name, is Mxolisi Majozi, popularly known as Zuluboy, is a South African actor, presenter and hip-hop artist. Mxolisi Majozi also known as Zuluboy is a South African actor and musician from Ntuzuma, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. He has worked with legendary South African hip hop artists, most of whom he drew inspiration from such as PRO.
You may also like: Get To Know Harriet Khoza From The Queen Played by Connie Ferguson
When was he born
Mxolisi was born 21 December 1982 Ntuzuma, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. On Durban Gen, Mxolisi plays the fun and enthusiastic paramedic MacGyver.
The talented hip-hop artist and actor has taken over the entertainment industry by killing two birds with one stone in his new role on the ETV medical drama series. Not your usual paramedic, Majozi plays the role of MacGyver on Durban Gen and he is also enjoying music. Also, Mxolisi has also cast as Sboniso in SABC1’s Uzalo.
View this post on Instagram
MacGyver From Durban Gen In Real Life
- Mxolisi has had a successful career as an actor, television host and an actor.
- He hosted the SABC 1 variety show and Fan Base, across four seasons ( 2012 to 2016 ).
- Famously known as Zuluboy, he also appeared in the first season of the SABC 1 drama series Intersexions.
- Additionally, Majozi played the role of Big Boy on etv’s hit series Gold Diggers.
Mxolisi Majozi Pictures
Sifiso Sibiya-(Bab Gumede)
On Durban Gen, Sifiso Sibiya plays Bab’Gumedewho is a paramedic at a highly acclaimed hospital, Durban Gen.
Get to know Sifiso Sibiya from Durban Gen in real-life
- His real name is Emmanuel Mkhize.
- Despite starting as an extra on Uzalo, Emmanuel Mkhize landed a role where he plays Screwdriver a handyman and Nkunzi’s thug based In KwaMashu.
- On Durban Gen, he plays Bab’ Gumede who is loyal to his work.