South Africa moves to level 3 lockdown – here are the new restrictions
Ramaphosa the president of South Africa, has announced earlier today that he was going to have a family meeting with south Africans, which he did via tv stations, however, president Ramaphosa at the cause of the meeting reveals to South Africans that the country would be moving to 3 level lockdown and there is an adjustment to the way things would be done, the adjustment are rules and regulations to be following to prevent the spread of coronavirus and everyone must obey else there would be punishment.
As reveals by South Africans on Twitter, here are the things said by president Ramaphosa you are expecting to comply with. South Africa moves to level 3 lockdown – here are the new restrictions
#COVID19 UPDATE: A total of 47,394 tests were conducted in the last 24 hrs, with 8,436 new cases, which represents a 17.8% positivity rate. A further 208 #COVID19 related deaths have been reported, bringing total fatalities to 58,087. Read more: https://t.co/iBrPqF4iNh pic.twitter.com/XgK8Klms5Z
— NICD (@nicd_sa) June 15, 2021
The new restrictions include:
- The hours of the curfew are from 22h00 – 04h00
- Non-essential establishments such as bars and fitness centres must close at 21h00
- All gatherings will be limited to 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors. Where the venue is too small to accommodate appropriate social distancing, 50% of the floor space may be used.
- Attendance at funerals and cremation may not exceed 50 people.
- Night vigils and after-funeral gatherings remain prohibited.
- The sale of alcohol for off-site consumption is permitted between 10h00 – 18h00 from Monday to Thursday.
- On-site alcohol consumption may continue until 21h00, subject to liquor licenses.
- Alcohol in public is strictly prohibited
1 Curfew starts at 10 pm-4 pm, You not be seen outside from 10 pm to 4 pm
2 Bars and fitness centres must close at 9 pm, which implies no one is allowed to be seen in the bar at 9 pm.
3 All gatherings indoors limited to 50 people, any gathering that exceeded 50 would be disrupted, and participants would be arrested.
4 100 outdoors, It should be maintained and obeyed.
5 Funerals no more than 50 people, anything more than this is violations and there is punishment for it after arrest
6 No after tears.